Roomies – a 100 word story

This is my contribution to this week’s Friday Fictioneers 100-word fiction challenge.

Thanks to Liz Young for the very quirky photo prompt and to Rochelle Wisoff-Fields for hosting the group.

To join the fun and submit your own story, click here

To read other contributions, click on the blue froggy

FF20180711

©Liz Young

Roomies

“I was the greatest choreographer in the world, according to the critics,” said Pablo. “Who am I to argue?

“I was creating a most daring dance show. I planned every detail; unmistakable sexual tension between my young leads, an admirer whose attentions were cruelly spurned, watching from the wings. I chose sorrowful music for the beautiful dancer spinning into that poor admirer’s waiting blade.

“The jury didn’t believe it was a rehearsal gone wrong.”

Young Mike was aghast. Two whole years banged up with this guy just for stealing some bling? As the cell door closed, Mike felt his first pang of genuine remorse.

This entry was posted in Fiction, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Roomies – a 100 word story

1. neilmacdon says:

I see another, and more serious, crime in the offing for young Mike

2. Iain Kelly says:

Ha, good to see prison becoming a suitable punishment, even if it’s inadvertent! 🙂

The next two years are going to test young Mike’s patience, I fear. Well told. Good to see you back.

Liked by 1 person

It’s going to seem like every day of two years, I think. Unless of course he’s very lucky. Good one.

5. Emily says:

The price of art, huh? Nice one – really well written.

Liked by 1 person

6. It could be worse. Great story.

7. Art shouldn’t be too quick to imitate every possible aspect of life

8. pennygadd51 says:

I like the multiple ways you confound our expectations in this story. Nice writing, Siobhan!

Liked by 2 people

9. jillyfunnell says:

Lovely layering in this story – poor Mike needs to pray that jury got it wrong.

10. Jan Morrill says:

That’s going to be a long two years. Clever take on the prompt!

Liked by 1 person

11. Mike gets two prisons in one. Well done.

Liked by 1 person

12. Oops! Talk about bad luck. Mike’s got a long road ahead of him.

I hope Mike doesn’t graduate to murder, locked in there with Pablo 🙂

14. Liz Young says:

Young Mike shouldn’t’a dunnit. Guess he realises that now.

15. ceayr says:

This made me laugh!
    Good one, Siobhan

Liked by 1 person

16. Oh no! Let’s hope Mike learns that crime doesn’t pay. Unless Pablo pushes him to do something drastic.Ha. Great story!

Liked by 1 person

17. Mike will have to learn to have a change of heart once he gets out.
    Interesting take on the prompt, Siobhan.
    Isadora 😎

18. Dale says:

This was well done, Siobhan. Poor Mike…this will hopefully rehabilitate him… Though the chances of keeping the same room mate are hopefully dim…

19. granonine says:

Perfect title for a great plot idea 🙂

Liked by 1 person

he should feel sorry for what he did and not for himself. prison can’t be that bad. free board and lodging and medical care as well. 🙂