Looking For … ? A 100-word story

This week’s 100-word story photo prompt comes from ©Amy Reese.

The challenge is to write a 100-word story inspired by the photo.

To join the challenge, click here

To read other contributions, click on the blue froggy

20160930

Genre: Fiction

Looking For … ?

I wonder what it’s like to do things with other people. It seems noisy.
Mummy’s friend Geena invited me to her camera club. I asked what do you do in a camera club. Is it like chess club where you have to beat all the other kids even though they don’t like it?
Mummy laughed and said don’t worry, if I look behind enough doors I’ll find my perfect space to grow. Weird, right?
Anyway, I like being by myself. It’s quiet. Sometimes though I think it might be nice with other people.
As long as they’re not too noisy.

This entry was posted in Fiction and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Looking For … ? A 100-word story

1. if I look behind enough doors I’ll find my perfect space to grow

What a wonderful line! And so true. Nice take on the prompt.

2. Jo says:

“if I look behind enough doors I’ll find my perfect space to grow.” I am sitting here wondering how did you even come up with that line. Simply brilliant!!

I’m with her. Other people are okay but some peace and quiet is good too!
    Lovely piece.

4. Lovely insight into a child’s mind.

5. A great insight Siobhan and lovely to read one of your stories – it’s been a while.

6. This one I really like… somehow I see myself as a child there… and then I grew to like noise.

7. Laurie Bell says:

Oooooooo this is a little creepy but I’m not sure why. A great story. Well told

8. Archon's Den says:

Shhh, I’m enjoying the child-like silence. 🙂

9. Life Lessons of a Dog Lover says:

Bravo. Great story with a great moral – be happy with who you are.

10. Michael Wynn says:

This child sounds a bit withdrawn but comfortable nonetheless and hay, who doesn’t like too much noise

11. I have lots of moments like this.
    Very relatable.

12. I found this story a bit creepy, not sure why, but very good.

13. neilmacdon says:

That’s a beautiful character portrait

It’s nice to see you back to fill the void you left. 😉 I think this child has found her niche. Definitely not one to follow the herd. Well done.

15. gahlearner says:

For some reason this read like the thoughts of an autistic child to me. In any case, great story. I like the line with the space to grow, too.